“What makes new behaviors possible is not simply trying to act differently. New behaviors that last come from new ways of seeing, from new awarenesses and sensibilities."
~ Peter Senge
At its core, executive coaching is a conversation between a client who is seeking to improve some aspect of their work life and a coach who provides a space for the client to explore and review their beliefs, feelings and behaviours. I help my clients visualise, map and move towards being their best selves in life and work.
An effective coach requires deep listening skills, empathy, strong interpersonal insight, the ability to ask powerful questions and the thoughtful application of psychological theories. Drawing upon these skills, I encourage clients to examine their goals and behaviour from multiple and fresh perspectives allowing them to see new possibilities and alternate action pathways to achieve their outcomes.
During my time in France I spent 12 years as Director of an international NGO based in Paris. Since returning to Australia, I have completed a Doctorate in Organisational Psychology on the Key Factors of Successful Career Transitions. In 2014, I was awarded the Career Development Association of Australia’s Researcher of the Year award for this research. For several years, I have been the Director of Executive Services at career management firm Audrey Page & Associates while in parallel running my own consultancy.
I have coached across a wide range of industries and organisations in Australia, Europe and the US and my practice areas include: executive coaching, executive career transitions, interpersonal and communication skills and leadership development.
• Master of Philosophy, Macquarie University
• Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), Sydney University
• Bachelor of Humanities (Forms of Communication), Griffith University
• Professional Member, Australian Psychological Society (APS), Australian Human Resources Institute, Australian College of Organisational Psychologists, Career Development Association of Australia
• Adjunct Academic & APS Board accredited Supervisor, Department of Psychology, Macquarie University
• Fellow, Royal Society of the Arts (RSA)